Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Don't judge a book by its Cover!

I am still trying to learn this. It's not easy. Trying to give people the benefit of doubt troubles me sometimes, especially since my recent judgment of people in general has failed me miserably.

Animals are different. It's quite simple... treat them well, and they will love you~ unconditionally.



Ying Yang (named for obvious reason)~ she doesn't look sweet at all! But, she is the sweetest kitty! She might even be sweeter than my own babies. Ying Yang lives outdoors, sleeps outside the doorstep of a neighbor who "kind of" took her in after another neighbor moved away and couldn't take her with them. When I first saw Ying Yang, I couldn't help myself but to think "what an ugly kitty"! She then followed me around, even to my side of the building... she looked really friendly, nonthreatening at all. She was just hungry. I fed her and we became friends.



She meows like a little girl and is always there to greet me when I come home or when I pass by. I have to say, her look grows on you... I actually see the beauty in her now. Beauty is REALLY in the eye of the beholder! She is really cute!




So whenever I feel like judging, Ying Yang is there to remind me... to give people a (another) chance, even if they've given me much heartache and great disappointment.

And, so if for some reason, they prove me wrong again... I will then have learned another valuable lesson in life.




Meow Meow~ smile kitty, smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment