Saturday, November 27, 2010

Sonia Kashuk's Blending Sponge


At first I thought I found a great dupe for the more expensive Beauty Blender that sells at Sephora for two times the price ($20). Unfortunately, I am sorry to report that this product is definitely not worth the $10 it sells for at Target. It is no good. After several uses and a few cleanings, the point of the sponge started to come apart. Little pieces of the material keep on coming off. Originally I liked this design much better than the pricier Beauty Blender, which is just shaped like and oval egg. The Sonia Kashuk one has more curves and contours better when applying foundation to the face. The coverage looks more even and you can get into the corners or your eyes/nose, etc... BUT, a good design cannot and does not compensate for the cheap material that it is made of.



See the little pieces of sponge particles flaking off? I don't know if I got a defective one or all of them are like that. On target.com, most of the reviews are pretty good, so... I'm just wondering if I got unlucky. However, I believe all the sponges are made with the same material so it wouldn't make sense that only mine would flake off like this. I have no clue.



I am going to bring it back to Target and see if I can get my money back. This is a waste if all of them will end up like this after a few uses. I'm so disappointed. Most likely I will not be repurchasing this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment